I love sharing my status to people and updates. I use to tweet more and I got this as an email warning from one of my friend and immediately I changed my accounts to be private and locked to public view and started a personal twitter account.(Confidential don’t tell anyone)
The post gives a basic Idea about the web services inbuilt with the SharePoint which can be used in other types of desktop application and Silverlight application.
- The SOAP request has to be sent in the web request body to get the response from the web service.
- eg: SOAP call for getting the WebCollection.
"<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""utf-8""?>
<soap12:Envelope xmlns:xsi=""http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"" xmlns:xsd=""http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"" xmlns:soap12=""http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"">
<soap12:Body><GetWebCollection xmlns=""http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/"" />
The most commonly required url’s for interrogating with the SharePoint web. Replace the localhost with your SharePoint server url and hit the enter and you will see the SOAP request and reply format.
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/Webs.asmx – sites and sub sites
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx – Lists
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/Alerts.asmx – Alerts
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/DspSts.asmx –Schemas and data
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/DWS.asmx – Document Workspaces
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/Forms.asmx –User interface forms
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/Imaging.asmx – Picture libraries
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/Meetings.asmx – Meeting Workspaces
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/Permissions.asmx – SharePoint Services security
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/SiteData.asmx – SharePoint Portal Server
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/Sites.asmx – Site templates
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/UserGroup.asmx – Users and groups
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/versions.asmx – File versions
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/Views.asmx - views of lists
- http://localhost/_vti_bin/WebPartPages.asmx – Web Parts
Hope this gives a basic idea about web services and the further post will explain in making a web service call..
Twitter is the most spoken word of the year 2009. I started tweeting only mid of this year but I love tweeting it shares the information both personal and the technical. The friends who follow you will be up to date.I don’t have to call and check what are you up to ?
This really helps people stay in touch.
The apps that I found to be the best ones.
Seesmic – http://seesmic.com/ (Updated 20/6)
Desktop Gadget (Vista / Win 7)
iPhone / iPod Touch /MAC
http://itunes.apple.com/app/twitter/id333903271?mt=8 (Updated 20/6)
Snaptu – http://www.snaptu.com/ (Updated 20/6)
Fring – http://www.fring.com/ (Updated 20/6)
Hope this helps the newbie.
If you find something interesting and I have missed it feel free to comment on it.
Today I got a chance to preview Chrome OS and I would like to share the experience.
Downloaded the chrome VM and loaded it on my PC.
It didn’t login at first and finally found the trick to use the login name chromium to login.
- Google Chrome OS focuses on three things Speed, Simplicity, Security
- All data on Chrome OS is in the cloud
- Chrome OS looks like Chrome browser
- User data on machine is always encrypted and always synced to the cloud – local data is just a cache
- Cold reboot demo – to logon screen in 7 sec, full OS in another 3 sec
- It can be used on Netbooks.
- Chrome OS is open source and you can download it from here
- You Tube Demo – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ57xzo287U
VM download – http://gdgt.com/google/chrome-os/download/
Direct VM – http://tiny.cc/4iOOw